How to find out your tyre size
When buying online there's one thing you'll always need to know and that is the size of the tyre that best fits your vehicle. Having an incorrectly sized tyre fitted to your car can cause serious damage to the suspension. It can also affect your steering and braking distances which if ignored could be disastrous.
What is your tyre size?
- Make a note of the tyre width. This is usually a three digit number at the start of the tyre size, on the sidewall.
- Make a note of the profile. This denotes the height of the tyre sidewall using the aspect ratio of the tyre width.
- The third element is the wheel diameter which can usually be found after the "R"
- The Load Index is found after the wheel diameter and before the speed rating ie. 94
- The speed rating is usually the last element of the tyre size which should be a letter ie. "V"
Remember the tyre size on the back of your car can be different to the front. It is always best to check both.
That's it, you should now have a tyre size similar to the following 205 55 R16 V
Need help? email our tyre experts at firstname.lastname@example.org